What better time to add a feline to your family?
First, we want to give a big shout out to the Maddie’s Fund organization for all they do for shelter animals. May 31st ended their 2015 Maddie’s Pet Adoption Days in which they worked with over 90 shelter and rescue groups across 124 locations in one weekend to offer local communities in NV, CA and WI no-cost pet adoptions. Maddie’s fund covered the cost of all adoptions, so the communities could empty their shelters. We’re thrilled to report they adopted out (SAVED) 3,273 cats in just two days!!!
Here are our top 5 reasons to adopt a shelter cat:
- Because there’s nothing like walking a shelter with your son or daughter and letting them experience that moment with you, when you choose a new member of the family!
- Because you’ve secretly always wanted to be a part of that ‘cool’ group that supports their local shelter and adopts.
- Because you want to save a life, and maybe, just maybe, they might save yours.
- Because at a shelter, you can browse a variety of breeds and ages, until you find just the one that speaks or ‘meows’ to you.
- And, saving the best reason for last….because shelter pets are just as good as any other pets!!!