Dog lovers, rejoice! Today is all about our four-legged (sometimes less) companions.
National Dog Day is celebrated on August 26th each year and “serves to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year, and acknowledge family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort.
This special day was founded by celebrity pet and family lifestyle expert, animal behaviorist and author, Colleen Paige to honor all kinds of dogs and show deep appreciation for their companionship, patience, loyalty and protection. Because we want all dogs to know how much they mean to us, we’ve included a list of ways you can celebrate this wonderful day with your wonderful companions:
- Buy your dog a fun new toy
- Take your dog to a doggy play resort or dog park
- Take your dog on a hike or to the beach
- Give your dog a massage
- Teach your dog a new trick
- Invite your friends and their dogs over for a dog party
- OR you can spend the day taking photos of your dog and enter our contest!
To enter, visit our Facebook page, find the contest link in our newsfeed and follow the easy instructions.
For more information and ways to celebrate, visit the National Dog Day website.